Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Scott's Hamburger Recipe

So, my dear husband had a secret up his sleeve that I never knew about until we moved to Houston. And even then, I didn't know about it until about a month ago. The title of this post completely gives it away, but.... Scott makes VERY GOOD burgers!! When I was out of town a few weeks ago, Scott hosted a pool party at our apartment and grilled some burgers. Scott is good at the grill so I thought, "fun! Burgers are tasty..." Well, my friends tell me the next time they see me, "Oh my goodness, Hannah, Scott made the BEST burger I have ever had!" So, my first thought is, "huh, I wonder what he does differently..." Well, here is your answer. I have been given permission to share the recipe ;-) And, yes, I finally had a taste of one of these big boys last weekend. The votes are in: They are GOOD.

Scott's Jimmy Burger (In memory of Jimmy Dean):
Serves: 10


4 lbs. ground chuck (80/20)
1 lb. Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage
4 eggs
1 c. Panko bread crumbs
Tony's Creole Seasoning (Scott says you CANNOT use anything but Tony's..... hmmm... ;-) )
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 green bell pepper, finely diced
Worchestershire sauce

-With your bare hands, squish together the ground chuck, breakfast sausage, eggs, bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, and enough Tony's to season the meat to your liking.
-Form the meat into 1/2 lb. patties (or lighter, but it will make more burgers if you do this)
-Using your fingers, gently put dents in the top of each patty
-Fill the dents with Worchestershire sauce and allow the patties to soak up the sauce for about 1 hour
-Preheat your grill and when ready, grill the burgers to the desired "doneness" (we like ours medium-well)
-Serve on the bun of choice with the condiments and veggies that you love!

Let me know what you think, should you try this lovely :-)

HK

No comments: