Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Good Week

Hello! Sorry it's been a little while since the last post.... I had a horrendous test in my Aphasia class last Thursday, so I spent the week studying for that. Whew! Glad it's over!

Well, here is the week in pictures! We had lots of fun and made good memories.

Scott and I made our first Thanksgiving turkey for our Small Group Thanksgiving dinner! I used my mom's recipe, so you know it was GOOD....! These are our friends, Eric and Sarah, who host Small Group. Scott is attempting to consume the neck of the turkey. It took a little bit to figure out what body part that was.... gross.

So much bloody juices! I used about half a bottle of Comet and mopped the ENTIRE kitchen, high to low, when we were finished with this bird!

After the bird tackle, we enjoyed some ice cream. I just realized how much I look like a 1960s housewife in this picture.... Ode to My Grandmothers! And all other 1960s housewives who raised our parents! You done good!

The wish bone from the turkey! Make a wish! Scott won this particular wish battle.

We had some really tasty food this week! I made this Chicken Noodle Satay--it was SOOO YUMMY! Lots of noodles and chicken, soy sauce, peanut butter, nuts, spinach.... Delicious!

This past Friday, Scott and I had a date night and went out to "Little Bigs", a small joint a few blocks from our apartment that serves teeny tiny burgers called "sliders", fries, and the most creamy and rich chocolate milk shakes! Yummmm!


Scott with his sliders. We each got the sampler, which had a beef, chicken, and black bean burger.

Look how cute they are! We downed that milk shake!

Scott made a wonderful breakfast on Saturday morning! He loves to cook breakfast and he always does so in his underwear, so I couldn't post the picture I got of him using that skillet to whip up this burrito of eggs, steak, bell peppers, and green onions on a fried tortilla! Wow!

Last night Scott and I decided to have a homemade pizza and game night with just the two of us. It was so much fun! I made the crust from scratch! The dough had to rise and everything! I wasn't brave enough to do the tossing, so I let Scott do that part. Way to go, babe!

Topping included: spinach, tomatoes, turkey, mozzarella cheese, goat cheese, and marinara sauce. Soooo good!

We played Scrabble. Such a good game! I am very focused on my next killer move....

Now, some of you know this and some of you don't, but I NEVER beat Scott at games! Ever! But.... I stomped him at this game of Scrabble!! I didn't have it in me to rub it in his face, but BOY was I excited!!!

Well, that was our week! It was a week filled of fun, GREAT food, and lots of love!

We can't wait to see all of you tomorrow and later on the week! Yay for Thanksgiving!!!

Blessings to all and to all a good Tuesday.

No comments: