Christmas Vacation Project #1 has been completed as of 6:00pm today! It was very simple and I think the results are quite cute!
*Fabric of choice (enough to cover the pillow)
*Felt (enough for your applique detail)
*18"X18" pre-stuffed pillow
*Sewing machine (or you can hand-stitch, if you dare!)
1. Take the pillow out of the package!
2. Cut fabric of choice into 2, 19"X19" squares (leaves room for a 1/2" seam allowance)
3. Pin fabric pieces, right sides together
4. Sew pieces together, leaving one side open for stuffing, and turn right-side-out
5. Draw and cut out a pattern for your desired applique piece from a sheet of scrap paper. Place pattern on a piece of felt and trace. Cut out.
6. Pin the applique decal to the front of the pillow where desired. Sew on applique using the blanket stitch technique
7. Sew on a button for the eye (if using a bird applique)
8. Stuff the pillow and stitch up the open end! (I used a slip stitch to do this so the stitches didn't show)