Friday, February 18, 2011

sarah, the butterfly.


Many of you have been following my blog for a while now and know of my friend, Sarah.

She fought a hard fight against cancer and is now free, as of Wednesday morning at 4:15.

Sarah will be greatly missed, but her memory and legacy shines on.

For those of you who do not know of Sarah, please take time to visit her incredibly inspiring blog: sarahchidgey.blogspot.com

This is a letter I wrote to Sarah on the morning of her death:

Beautiful Sarah,



It is so sunny and wonderful here in Houston on this day. The birds were chirping so loud this morning. The breeze is a perfect kiss on my face. The leaves are rustling so gently. I can't help but feel enveloped by God's presence on such a beautiful day as this. But, I think even more of how the beauty you are experiencing now is something that I cannot even put my mind around. I am so comforted knowing that you have thousands of butterflies dancing around you and a multitude of roses for you to smell--but most of all, that you are holding hands with Jesus. You have escaped from your chrysalis at last, free from the bondage of cancer, and are flying beautifully with our Savior.



I love you, sweet, sweet friend.



Sarah left footprints in the sands of this earth that no shore could wash away.

Her light is a light that will never go out.

Her laughter is a musical no one else can sing.


I miss you.


HK

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That was beautiful Hannah. Hang in there, praying for you everyday.
:-)

Melissa Bartee said...

Written so beautifully, I love you sweet friend, thinking and praying for you continuously!

TKP said...

Beautiful Hannah--written with grace and acknowledgment beyond your years. Much love.

Ashton said...

Love you. I'm always here for you :) you were a sweet friend to her through it all and I'm glad she was able to be touched by your sweet spirit :)