Monday, July 20, 2009

Oh, Hobby Day!



Hello, all!

Scott and I just enjoyed a nice, relaxing weekend in Houston hanging out with friends new and old and we even took a day to just us. So nice.

Some of you know, others don't, that Scott and I opted to not have cable TV in our apartment. Partly for money saving reasons with me going to graduate school, but mostly because we thought it would force us to spend our down time enjoying each other, the outdoors, and our hobbies. Thus, on Saturday, we had an afternoon devoted to our hobbies that I so dubbed "Hobby Day". Scott has a love and gift for designing and building furniture that he has used to build some planters for his mom, a bookshelf for his college bedroom, and now a bookshelf for our apartment to house Mt. Lots-of-books that has taken root in our 2nd bedroom. The now vacant law office next door to our apartment was cleaning out some old furniture, amongst which were some bookshelves that Scott paid $20 for. He spent Saturday afternoon breaking apart these old shelves for their wood to make our new shelf! It will be a several weekend process, but he already has a really neat design laid out and a good part of the old shelves taken apart. If you know me, you also know that I have a ridiculous amount of hobbies. Painting, drawing, scrapbooking, sewing, cooking, baking, photography, crafts, card-making, etc.! I found a cute idea for some quilted coasters, so that became my Saturday project. I took some scrap fabric from my ever-growing collection and sewed some really cute coasters that match our living room.

I hope that each of you were able to spend some time on your hobbies this past weekend and, if not, I hope that you are now inspired to make time for your talents!

Blessings to all.

No comments: