Friday, October 23, 2009

Sickness and health

To all of my faithful readers (i.e. my grandparents--I love you for reading this blog and keeping up with us!),

Sickness:
I have been sick this week with some sort of weird cold. Not the flu, thank goodness. I had a pretty bad headache for 5 days, a sore throat, and a little cough. I kept my headache under control by way of modern medicine (ibuprofen and Tylenol), but as soon as my brain assembled the troops for answering questions on my midterms this week, the headache would resurface. I came out of midterms just fine, though! Hurray! When not forcing myself to study, I was snuggled deep in the depths of our wonderfully broken-in navy blue leather couch (a donation from Mema and Papa--we love it!) with my head buried in a feather pillow and a bottle of ibuprofen close by...

Health:
Oh, what the healthy must do to care for the sick! Scott, bless his little soul, tried to take care of me despite our distance during the day. I would receive text messages on my cell phone in the middle of the day saying things like, "Have you taken more medicine?", "Why don't you go home and rest", and "Skip class so you can sleep". He cooked me dinner, cleaned the house, and watched movies with me all week. And shared a bed with me at his own risk... I will probably be returning all favors in the next week or so.

I am feeling great today, though! I asked my boss for a shorter shift at work today so I could go home and get more rest, to which he agreed. Thanks, boss. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond after work and bought WAY too many candles! I had this brilliant idea to make some cute Fall candles by gluing acorns in neat little designs around the candle holders, so naturally I bought $75.00 worth (oops) of votive candles, candle holders, and big candles. Not to worry, though, I bought all of it with our left over wedding gift cards and actually came out of the deal with $50 left! What little fancy will I indulge in with the remaining money.... time will tell! Once I have completed the project, I will post pictures. Some of you may be getting one of these as a gift sometime soon :-) I used some of them just around the house to add a little extra sparkle and shine. You should have seen me flitting about our little apartment like some sort of candle fairy, lighting as I went! Here are some pics:


Four candles above our entertainment center...

One on our dining room table...

And... let's count... 9 on the entertainment center!
I dotted the rest of the house with candles as well... They are just so elegant and serene :-)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: