Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Birthday Girl

So, in order to not overwhelm you with the past 5 days or so of happenings, I am going to write about them 1 or 2 days at a time. Let's begin:

Day 17 - El Transito, Nicaragua - Thursday - 06.23.11 - 3:33 p.m.
Today we finished categorizing and cateloging all of the books, then we began labeling them! We had the future librarian, Darwin, come over and we showed him the system and explained what his responsibilities would be.


Darwin is on the far right.

From a distance, we heard the Eskimo ice cream cart bells jingling, so we dashed off to buy some ice cream mid sentence with Darwin. I mean, anything to cool us off, really.

Day 18 - El Transito, Nicaragua - Friday - 06.24.11 - 7:24 a.m.
The fisherman are particularly busy today. More men, women, and children out today then in days past this week. Two girls, about 8 years old, both wearing orange, were leaning against teh side of a blue lancha this morning, alughing and talking. It reminded me of summers with Ashton, my cousin and dearest friend. It's her birthday toady! Happy birthday, Ashton! You have officially hit your mid-20s. I'm fairly certain that whne we were 8 years old we invisioned ourselves owning a perfume shop. If our play fantasies had come true, you would be married to Rock Hudson, and I would have changed my name to Taylor. Thankfully our play fantasies remained just that - fantasies - and have since become fond memories impressed on our hearts. You remain one of the closest, dearest women in my life. I love you, best friend.


Lighting a birthday candle,

HK

No comments: