Saturday, September 10, 2011

Album Cover


He's creating his first album soon. He's in my small group. His wife is a sweet heart. He's a natural at posing.

Seriously.

All I had to do was point and say, "C, why don't you go stand over there by that *wall, door, gate*" and he did the rest! Man, made my job a lot easier! He, his wife, and I collaborated on creative poses and locations. I love it when my subjects have a creative eye, too. Sometimes being behind the camera, I find myself paying more attention to my camera settings rather than poses, so it's an added bonus when the subject (and the subject's spouse!) can say, "what about this" or "C, close your mouth."

C approached me about doing the photos for his album cover a few weeks ago, and I was thrilled to have the opportunity! He said he was thinking of doing some shots with him smoking a pipe in front of a Catholic church, which sounded intriguing... plus, I had never shot photos of smoke before, so there was an added challenge. The lighting was beautiful this morning, creating the perfect canvas for excellent exposures. I really didn't have to do much editing to these photos.

C said that he wanted the photos to have a more vintage look, so in post-processing, I ran an action called "Seventies"(photos below with this action applied say "seventies" underneath the photo).

 seventies


 seventies


seventies



seventies



seventies




 seventies

seventies

 seventies

Smoke in my lens,

HK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Amazing...Love the smoke!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
Awesome! Its nice to know ill have someone to do the photo shoot for my book cover one day haha! these are amazing!
-Weebs